About Me

My photo
I'm a senior PR major at Ohio Northern University, who is graduating in TWO WEEKS! I love sports (namely soccer and hockey) and somewhat fascinated by the entertainment industry. This blog started out as an assignment for my social media class and as it turns out, is my first time as a blogger. I wish I could say I'm a comedian, and I try, but I'm really not. But enjoy anyway.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Karlie Franco: Most Likely to Drop a Bottle

It doesn't feel like seven months ago I woke up an hour late to get on the bus that would take us to Columbus, to hop on a plane and make our way to Washington DC for PRSSA National Conference where I would later prove myself to be the clumsiest person in our chapter. But after our very last PRSSA meeting on Thursday, the end of the year really began to sink in, and I'm ready for it. But on the other hand, I'm really not. I'll be happy when I don't have to study for exams or write research papers until my eyes cross from staring at my Mac screen for too long, but I'm going to miss the people I've met and become attached to over the last four years.

I can easily say that the people I will miss the most are my peers from the chapter. Within such a short amount of time I have gotten to know every single one of them in one way or another and realized that in each and every of their own ways, they are all talented, intelligent and unique people. I admire them all for what they have brought to the chapter and what they hope to bring in the future, and some I even secretly look to for my own aspirations... As creepy as that might sound. I suppose I'm just inspired to throw myself into everything I do, PR related or not, because I've seen what we all can do, individually and as a chapter. Like I said in my most recent Facebook status, be jealous that I'm part of THE best PRSSA chapter ever, because it's true and although I didn't get to spend as much time in the chapter as I would have liked or was only able to spend one year getting to know certain friends and peers instead of two or three, I can say my time with PRSSA has been incredible.

I'm sure last Thursday's tears won't be the last and May 22 won't be the last time ONU or PRSSA sees me. You can get rid of me, but not forever!

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't feel like seven months ago that I called you knowing that you were probably still sleeping ;) I think this blog post perfectly sums up how we call feel about PRSSA. It is not uncommon to get strongly involved with an organization in college. However, I do think it is really uncommon to become such close friends with all the members. While I'm sad to leave ONU, keeping in touch with my amazing PRSSA friends is not one thing I'm worried about :)

    ReplyDelete