About Me

My photo
I'm a senior PR major at Ohio Northern University, who is graduating in TWO WEEKS! I love sports (namely soccer and hockey) and somewhat fascinated by the entertainment industry. This blog started out as an assignment for my social media class and as it turns out, is my first time as a blogger. I wish I could say I'm a comedian, and I try, but I'm really not. But enjoy anyway.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers... And Unhappy Ohioans

But on the other hand, Happy Easter! Or if you don't celebrate, then happy Sunday. On a day such as this one, everyone expects to wake up with the sun shining and hoping for warm weather while we seek out what the Easter Bunny left for us this year. OK, by the Easter Bunny I mean mom and dad but sometimes it's still fun to pretend, even if said goodies were put in a bag with Winnie-the-Pooh on it. But then again, I'm OK with that too because let's be real, who doesn't love pooh bear, even at this age? However, when you live in Ohio, it's less likely to face a nice Spring day on Easter than it is to go out into the gloomy rain, much like today. So sadly, we must grin and bear it. Still, it could be worse, like the fact it could be raining and in the 30s, maybe even the 20s. Or if we were lucky enough, it could still be snowing. When considering the alternatives, I'll take 53 degrees and a little rain over anything else.

Although, despite the complaints, the weather doesn't actually bother me all that much. The point is, I get to indulge myself in a little chocolate (in the form of delicious Cadbury eggs) and in just a few hours I'll be dressed up and on my way to Easter dinner... Or lunch, because I can never tell. Early dinner or late lunch, is there a name for it like brunch or brinner (that's breakfast for dinner just FYI)? Anyway it has been a long couple of months and I'm excited to be able to spend today with my family after missing out recently on birthday and anniversary dinners. Every year we go to a restaurant called Cafe 422 near my house where we usually have the option of a three course meal. Like the creature of habit that I am, I'll probably get the wedding soup, chicken Parmesan and for dessert I'll more than likely have banana cream pie unless something more appealing and chocolate-y catches my eye. Laughter will be had, fantastic food will be eaten and hopefully this year no wine will be spilled on anyone's fancy attire and if it does, I'll just cross my fingers that it doesn't happen to me. Spending time with my family is one of my favorite things to do while I'm at home and how I've spent most of this long weekend, which may or may not be a good thing depending on the angle you take. Pro: family time, obviously. Con: less time to continue crossing off things from that weekend to-do list.

THEREFORE after all our plates are empty and it's time to gather ourselves and say goodbye, I'll do my best to recover from a slight food and candy coma so that I'll be able to study for Dr. I's test on Tuesday and research for the two giant end of the quarter papers that I'm not looking forward to writing, at all. But only four more weeks, I can make it! Also, this means the end of Lent and the continuation with my love affair with coffee.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the weather does not put a damper on your time at home. I'm currently watching the news and this is the wettest month of April ever! The Ohio River is flooding and some parts near my hometown are under water. Due to these facts, I have been complaining about the rain as of recently. I just can't believe how much it has been raining! And according to some weather sites, it's not going to stop anytime soon. I hope May brings the sunshine and those flowers! I've been waiting for warm weather and spring clothes. I'm ready to put away my sweatshirts.

    P.S. Cafe 422 sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete