About Me

My photo
I'm a senior PR major at Ohio Northern University, who is graduating in TWO WEEKS! I love sports (namely soccer and hockey) and somewhat fascinated by the entertainment industry. This blog started out as an assignment for my social media class and as it turns out, is my first time as a blogger. I wish I could say I'm a comedian, and I try, but I'm really not. But enjoy anyway.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Procrastination is my number one public enemy

Although it's only the end of the second week of class, I feel like my to-do list is NEVER-ENDING. At least I know by the time I'm finished with this, I'll be able to check one more thing off it. As much as I do my best to utilize the two days off the weekend gives me, I wish that time could be extended into an extra day; a day that I could use to catch up on what I didn't do in a timely manner because football (or as we know it, soccer) consumes a good portion of my weekend. Am I complaining? Not at all.

I'd say, though, that the biggest no-no I've been committing lately is procrastinating on the dreaded job search. A lot of that is because I map out days when I'm going to sit down and tweak my resumé then start applying, but then I realize I still have about a million different school related obligations to finish. Who has the time to breathe when video projects and case studies are due and there are chapters to be read in every class, meetings to attend and tests to study for? I know that sounds like a normal week for just about everyone I talk to.

However it's time to buckle down and find myself one of those big scary real world jobs. I realized sometime this past week, though, that for as daunting as being thrust into the work force day in and day out sounds, I'm more excited and more ready than I expected myself to be. Is that because even two weeks into spring quarter I'm already tired of school and I know graduation is only a couple of months away? Probably. But a lot of that I know is because I know I'll finally be able to join the other big kids of the world and use what I've learned and experienced in my four years at ONU. At least, that's the hope. But My e-mails upon e-mails of possible job opportunities have been filed away for safe keeping and my bookmarks in Firefox are in order so that as soon as I find even a moment to spare, the hunt for a job in the PR jungle begins. Better late than never, right?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Karlie. I'm right there with you too as far as the massive, scary, makes-me-want-to-cry long To Do list. It's crazy too because even though this is my LAST quarter of college ever...it's been the most demanding and stressful. Hopefully after the PaRtners monster is gone, I'll feel a little less overwhelmed. Good luck searching for a job though! I'm sure you'll find a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we not talk about having to find a real, "adult" job? That scares me and I don't like having to do it. I'm personally doing a terrible job at searching for a job.

    But I feel you on the procrastination thing, as I've done all three of my blogs the last three days, and all three of my comments today. Ha, I am a master procrastinator. And, knowing me, I'll do the same thing next week, and the rest of the quarter.

    ReplyDelete